Sunday, June 22, 2008

More photos from the past

I don't think I ever showed everyone what Caden made me for Mother's Day this year in school. I'm told they are poppy seeds. I had to weed it already and I hope I pulled the weeds out instead of the flowers! I was going to toss it after I took a picture but his little face seemed so sad that I would do such a thing that it now sits on the kitchen window sill waiting for the flowers to pop up.

Also a few weeks ago we spent a week on the farm with grandma and grandpa. The kids enjoyed playing with all the old toys- both boys loved the little people. But I think the "toy" they played with the most were these little stencils. They hid them over and over- everyone had to pick a color and then Caden would hide it and you had to find it .Grandma had gotten some cookie cutters from a friend at work so they decided to make cutout cookies. I think the fun was had decorating and eating them. Grandpa and Caden tried out all the decorating goodies before hand to make sure they were edible.Jumping on the trampoline-with Uncle Nick giving them a little "boost" was fun. I even had a little jump.And the Snaps. Anyone remember those? Colton had no problem snapping them. All he had to do is drop them-in front of him, behind him, accidently letting them slip through his fingers and they would snap. Caden had to really throw them to get a snap. It was kind of funny to watch. I believe they went through many packs-16 or so?
We also got to spend the day at Storybook Land with Stacie and the kids. We threw in a little adult shopping-Target, Walmart, Salvation Army. We then headed back to her house for dinner and Caden got to play for awhile.
Stay tuned...we've got some pool fun coming up:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raquel you may want to add a plant in your mother's day pot to surprise Caden!
i sitll have Jordan's mother's day pot in my kitchen window, I replaced it w/a house plant and Jordan's friends say wow your plant is still alive!... I wish they still made mother's day gifts in high school! I like the paper flower the cards etc.
Jackie

Raquel said...

Good idea Jackie!! I will have to go and get one.