Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer is half way through?

I cannot believe it. Where did it go? I was just talking with a few friends about how in April and May you get out the calendar and start adding activities to the summer months and when you have a blank week you think "hmmm that cannot happen-what can I fill it with" Then summer gets here and you long for that day when you have nothing to do.

Lets see.....what have we been doing since last post? We went to a TWINS game. Caden was so excited. As we backed out of the garage he asked "are we there yet?" Of course this is only cute the first 5 times or so-especially since we hadn't even gotten onto any freeway yet. Then as we were entering downtown I noticed he had gotten quiet. I thought for sure he would say something about the "city." He had just been talking a few minutes ago. I looked behind and this is what I saw.... As always click on photos to make larger

Oh well...they had a great time. We were in the family section so it was up in the upper level, which is scary when you have a soon to be 2 year old. While we were waiting for the game to start-we got there 30 minutes early, but got the wind up TWINS toy!! This guy started walking down our row and it was someone Doug knew from Canby. Jackie, you know them-are friends with his wife-and of course I cannot remember their names as I type this-he fixed our house in Garretson after that storm, his daughter goes to Bethel? Any who....the boys had a great time. Colton spent a few innings wiping up his chocolate milk on the floor. He had a funky milk smell because he had spilled so much of it on himself-ahhh kids and straws.
We had spent the 4th at a local parade that is named the largest and oldest 4th of July parade in the state. The kids had fun.
After that we headed over to the carnival they always have. Caden had a blast on the rides. He is soooo ready for Valleyfair this year.

We spent the day at our friend Amy, Liv, and Keira's house. The kids enjoyed running around the backyard with sprinklers, kiddie pools and the playhouse. We moved one of the pool under the slide and Liv and Caden thought that was the coolest. Amy and I about had a heart attack the first time they went down. They went so fast I though they would bounce off the back side of the pool and flip out! It was kind of comical. They would fly down fast into the pool and keep going until they hit the end of the pool and then bounce back into the water.

My small group from church also met this past week. We are doing a book study this month with the book Grace Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel. We hired 4 baby sitters from church and then the moms took off running/walking. When we got back we thought we could sneak down to the pool and sit for awhile but the kids spied us and then it was swim time for them. The mom hosting just had a pool put in so it was nice to sit around and chat.

On Friday we had a play date after jazzercise that involved another friend and their pool. It was a fun couple of hours and Caden loved the swim time. This year swim lessons went great. He loved the water. Unfortunately, Colton also does and it was hard to keep him occupied. We went for many walks around the halls of the high school and parking lot!
We also got some strawberry picking in....
And last week we heard the music of the ice-cream man coming down the street so the boys and I rushed to get their clothes on-yes, they sometimes run around in the diaper and undies during the day! They were so excited and wanted to know when he was coming back. I believe it will be a weekly thing....

This past weekend we went to the rodeo. I believe it is my first time there. It was a fun experience. Next year Caden wants to do the horse stick races-that should be fun. And after the rodeo we went over to a neighbors house for a little get together. It's interesting how you live here 3 years and you just finally get to meet a few people in your neighborhood!
We started VBS today. Caden had a great time at the "amusement park"-that is the theme this year. Pictures to follow later in the week.
And just because.....

No comments: