Saturday, March 21, 2009

Second part of February and onto March!

First, I have to say we had our first pet and yes, that is "had". Colton won a goldfish at their school carnival that Caden took over. We got him a nice bowl, pebbles, a tree, Caden even made him a scrapbook and then he decides to go belly up on us nine days later. Caden was devestated. The tears came and in the back of his scrapbook he wrote "Blackhead Grey Braun died 3-8-09. That night he wanted to know if Blackhead went to heaven. I told him I thought yes, God has a special place for pets and he wanted to know how he got to heaven because daddy flushed him down the toilet! ooops! So this got us into the spirit and soul part of our bodies-not sure if he understood it but was happy Blackhead was going to heaven. I cannot believe he was with us for 9 days and I didn't get any pictures! Oh well...............
Let's see what else happened in February.... Caden had his 100 day of school. He had to bring in a collection of 100 things so we put together 100 pictures of him in a folder with velcro strips so he could count them in groups and alone. He had red,white and blue day which he LOVED and pajama day, which was a big hit. He even got up infront of the class again and read to them. He is really loving reading. And the school carnival was a fun time also.

Onto March....I've had a few appointments and baby boy is growing on schedule. I thought it was weird I haven't taken any pictures of this belly with this one so I had Doug snap a few at 34 weeks. I'm hoping he staying in past the 37 week-unlike his brothers -because my doctor is on Spring break that week.
Caden did a Home Depot workshop day and built a race track. We kept it a surprise unitl Doug and him got there and Doug said Caden had this look on his face like "this is my surprise-going to Home Depot?" He said he had the best time and wants to go back so he can add some badges onto his orange apron he got. He also wants to do Lowes workshops too. (As always click to make larger)Caden then had his 6th birthday. Wow-where does the time go? He asked if he looked different and if I thought his voice had changed.He woke up to our tradition of putting balloons in the his room at night so they are there when he wakes up. Colton had gotten a free one when we were picking them out the day before and was holding his. As he let it go it hit the ceiling and popped. I thought he would cry but he just looked at it and said "oh cool". Sidenote: Colton's new words are cool, awesome and sweet. Caden also got to pick where he wanted to go and eat and he picked Joe Senser's Bar and Grill-I think he likes the 14 large screen tvs and the mini cheeseburgers. We then came back and and he opened his presents. He thought he was done and was a little disappointed I didn't put together a scavenger hunt but then he opened his last card from us I had taped a clue on the back and that started the hunt. When one clue lead him downstairs all the way to the back bathroom Doug went out and got his new bike and put it by the fireplace. He was surpised, at first he couldn't figure out how it got there but then realized that daddy wasn't with him the whole time so it was kind of funny to watch his face as he was contemplating it all. We then had cupcakes and he and Colton rode bikes.

Of course we cannot forget St. Patrick's Day... Caden said the leprachaun came to their room the day before and turned chairs upside down and left a hat and shoe behind. So they made traps to see if they could catch him the next day-it didn't work-Liam got away BUT he did leave behind some goodies for them. We are lucky our little leprachuan didn't leave a mess at our house. But Caden and Colton decided to make traps to catch him.
They were so excited they couldn't sleep at night. Every sounds they heard Caden would ask if it was the leprachaun. Finally they went to bed. And that night believe it or not daddy caught him in the trap and duct taped the door but the sneaky dude broke through the tape and got away. He was in such a hurry that he spilled some chocolate coins and left them behind so the boys did not get the leprachaun but got some goodies instead.


We also made Mrs. Leaman a goodie. I got a candle and took off the paper and then used rub-on letters to spell lucky. We put that into a takeout box with some rollos and filler, made a little tag and tada! cute little gift.
Caden ended the week with clown day. They wore silly clothes and got their face painted. On a sad note, we got a letter sent home that his teacher was cut for next year. She is a great teacher and worked so hard with Caden during his anxiety phase. She will be missed. I'm sad that other kids in our school won't get to experience her.
And here are some random pictures...
Waiting for the bus


Playing


Sleepy time-I have this same shot of Caden when he was little.



My 2 boys



Well off to bed for me. I had a late night at our spa night last night. A friend held it for our woman's group at church. We had 23 of the our 37 moms show up so it was a great success. I cannot wait until next year!
A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense. Proverbs 19:11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Raquel,
I absolutely love this blog! You look beautiful and I can't wait to meet the new Baby Boy Braun. Very soon:) And is looks like Caden and Colton and having a lot of fun growing up!
Love
Roxanne