Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where does the time go?

Can anyone answer that for me? It's the middle of July with one more month to go before fall starts. I love Fall but.......I know what comes after that.

Well I guess this will be a mish-mosh post of a little bit of this and a little bit of that catch up.....

On June 30 we headed over to Green Lake to visit Randy, Donna and Noelle and Kate(Amber had left the night before to go to a friends cabin) Keith, Jill and the kids also came up. It was a fun day. Caden brought his digital camera and took some pics of the day but that is a post all to itself:). He had a great time tubing until he and Doug bumped heads-then he wanted off.




Caden spent most of the day at the beach and "pool" otherwise known to most of us as-the lake.




Colton loved his freedom and crawled all over the place-still a little unsteady on his feet but going farther each day.




One of Caden's favorite parts was making smores or should I say roasting the marshmallows because he did not like the smores! He needs to keep his food separate not smooshed together-unless it Reese's PB cups!


July 4th- we headed over to Delano to watch the parade. Caden was so excited-he again took his camera and I think ran out of pictures before the 5th float went by. He wanted me to take pics of everything! We were at the end of this 2 mile parade(one of the longest routes in MN) so there was either no candy left or we got the rest of the bucket dumped by us. Caden came home with enough to rival trick-or-treating-a few days later it ended up in the garbage-he ate all the tootsie rolls. We then headed over to the carnival. Caden is one for fast rides-just like his father. So glad I don't have to go on those anymore. Daddy finally found his partner-now if Caden would grow a couple more inches he could actually go on the rides he really wants to:) (sorry I looked for July 4th pics and either downloaded to an odd place or erased before I downloaded! oh I hope not!)


July 9th- we started VBS this week. I say "we" because I volunteered a few days and Colton got to spend time in the nursery and Caden had loads of fun. I'm so happy he is enjoying his camps. We did take off thurs. and headed to the Sonshine Festival in Wilmar. I went to shoot some photos for my friend Amy's husband's band. We all had a great time. Caden and Liv got to play together and share a slushy and Cheetos-how much better can your day get?



July 14th-We headed out to A-maze'n Farmyard by Eden Valley.



We saw this place a few weeks ago when we were headed out to Green Lake. It is a small farmyard with mini golf, animals, a giant maze and slide.




Colton's favorite thing was the bouncy house. He was laughing so hard every time I jumped or stepped.



All three boys liked the giant slide. Colton preferred trying to crawl up rather than sliding down.



Caden got to ride another pony. He loves pony rides.



Caden gave the day a thumbs up with a wink! Must have been a great day!


July 17-My friend Dayna from Texas came up to visit family and spend time with friends so I hosted our 3rd annual girls and munchkins luncheon with her and Amy and the girls. It was great to see her again. We all met at Normandale when we were doing our teaching degree. Dayna was our center link-she introduced Amy and I. We all have teaching degrees but right now 2 of us are SAHM and Dayna went back to get her librarian degree-much better than having a classroom full time:)

The night before I put together little favor bags-who does love little treats:) I got the bags at the Target $1 spot(which is now 1/2 off). Inside I put in some B&BW lip gloss, B&BW lotion and a beaded bookmark I made that night:) I also glittered the tag with their initials. For napkin rings I used Martha Stewart's mini pom poms. I also did a huge one to hang from the fan. I love crafty details!

I got Caden and Liv lollipops from Target $1spot also. Caden was in charge of their places setting. He wanted ribbon around the boxes and had finding nemo napkins, spiderman plates and napkins. He did a great job!

He also made our center piece:

Here is the gang-I cannot wait until next year!

Well I think that gets us caught up! Whew! Colton's birthday is in a few days so another post should be up after that:)

"The Lord is gracious and compassionate."

Psalm 145:8






No comments: